2020 Summer Volunteen Program at Northside Hospital-Atlanta – See “Important Dates” below.
Applications for the 2020 summer program will be available on-line or in the Volunteer office on Monday, January 20, 2020. Please get your letter of recommendation and immunization records together in December or early January. Don’t wait until the applications are available.
- Teens must be currently enrolled in grades 9-12.
- Volunteens must work a minimum of one 3-4 hour shift per week, typically Monday-Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. totaling 32 hours for the 8 weeks.
- Volunteens are expected to report promptly to his or her service on the assigned day and time.
- Appropriate uniform must be worn at all times. Uniforms will be discussed at the interview and orientation.
- Applications for new teens will be available online January 20, 2020. Return them to our office as soon as possible – we fill up very quickly.
- We suggest that you obtain your immunization documents and a letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor or a teacher prior to downloading the application – this expedites the process.
- Returning teens will receive an invitation/application letter if they completed the full summer program of a minimum of 32 hours.
- New teens must have a personal interview at Northside Hospital-Atlanta. A parent/guardian must attend.
- Teens will have an option of working 1 or 2 shifts per week.
- Two services will require a minimum of 56 hours for the summer and one service will require a minimum of 32 hours for the summer.
All teens accepted into the program must attend a mandatory Orientation session. Attendance is required for participation in this program.
No teen will be allowed to miss the first week of the program.
Tuberculosis testing will be required AFTER interviews and BEFORE April 30.
IMPORTANT DATES 2020
- January 2 – Invitation is mailed to qualified returning teens.
- January 17 – Deadline for Returning Teen applications
- January 20 – Applications are available online and in the auxiliary office. Check back to this website.
- February 7 – Deadline for New Teen applications
- March 7 or March 21 – Interviews with new applicants (mandatory)
- April 30 – All TB results are due in the office by the close of day
- May 27- Orientation (mandatory)
- June 1 – First day of Summer Program – all teens must be able to work this first week.
- July 24 – Last day of Summer Program
- July 29 – Awards Night
Only teens who have worked with us during the summer are allowed to work during the school year.