2019 Summer Volunteen Program at Northside Hospital-Atlanta – See “Important Dates” below.
Unfortunately we do not have a new teen program during the school year. The application for the summer program will be online on Monday, January 21, 2019.
- Teens must be currently enrolled in grades 9-12.
- Volunteens must work a minimum of one 3-4 hour shift per week, typically Monday-Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. totaling 32 hours for the 8 weeks.
- Only 1 excused absence will be allowed.
- Volunteens are expected to report promptly to his or her service on the assigned day and time.
- Appropriate uniform must be worn at all times. Uniforms will be discussed at the interview and orientation.
- Applications for new teens will be available online in late January. Return them to our office as soon as possible – we fill up very quickly.
- We suggest that you obtain your immunization documents and a letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor or a teacher prior to downloading the application – this expedites the process.
- Returning teens will receive an invitation/application letter if they completed the full summer program of a minimum of 32 hours.
- New teens must have a personal interview at Northside Hospital-Atlanta. A parent/guardian must attend.
All teens accepted into the program must attend a mandatory Orientation session. Attendance is required for participation in this program.
No teen will be allowed to miss the first week of the program.
Tuberculosis testing will be required AFTER interviews and BEFORE work begins.
IMPORTANT DATES 2019
- January 2 – Invitation is mailed to qualified returning teens.
- January 18 – Deadline for Returning Teen applications
- January 21 – Applications are available online and in the auxiliary office. Check back to this website.
- February 1 – Deadline for New Teen applications
- March 9 or March 23 – Interviews with new applicants (mandatory)
- May 29- Orientation (mandatory)
- June 3 – First day of Summer Program – all teens must be able to work this first week.
- July 27 – Last day of Summer Program
- July 31 – Awards Night
Only teens who have worked with us during the summer are allowed to work during the school year.